Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful!


i did really good posting a daily FB "thankful" status. for like, two whole weeks. needless to say i've slacked a bit. but certainly not out of lack of thanks.
 
i haven't blogged in a while so i thought this a perfect opportunity to have unlimited space to be thankful--

so, here are my "24 Days of Thankfulness."

1: Kai's stats from 15 month check-up: 32" long and (only!) 23 lbs...looks like somebody's gonna be built like their uncle mikey :) #Thankful for my healthy orange-haired string-bean!

2: Thankful for naps. Even the ones that happen on accident on the couch right before dinner...(referring to Kai, not me, unfortunately). I play this little game with myself to see how much i can get done while there is no little boy "undoing" everything i put away/clean up/fold/etc....and then some days i just lay down with him and sleep :)


3: Thankful for my Honey-dog. For cardio accountability and an ever-watchful eye on my boy :)

4:  thankful for my siblings. i love them.

5: ‎12 freezer meals whipped up in 2 hours...with two toddlers runnin' around. {Thankful} for a kitchen savvy mama (and wine!) 

6: NOT a fan of the early darkness of winter. But *thankful* that with it comes holiday cheer and powder to shred :)

7: borrowed thoughts on thankfulness...

8: {thankful} for my little house. it's no mansion, but it's 1600 sq. feet full of everything i love with a wood stove and roof on top.

9:  thankful that i have a job that i enjoy. i love what i do, who i work with, and who i work for.

10: TGIT! thankful that the Echo School District operates on a four-day work week, which means on most weeks, Thursday = Friday :)

11: thankful for my parents. they have been the greatest examples of love, kindness and faith. i pray that i can set the same example for my son that i have been so very blessed to see them set for me. i don't know where i'd be without them and am thankful for them every. single. day.

12: {thankful} that my joy is not wrapped up in circumstance.

"It's not happy people who are thankful, it's thankful people who are happy."

13: never thought i'd say this but i'm thankful to live in the city i grew up in. i sure never envisioned coming back after leaving for the bright lights of Seattle, but ya know what? i love that my son gets to play and grow up with my friends' kids, that he'll get to go to my same elementary school, and that i often run into people at the grocery store who talk about watching me play high school sports. i love that i live 5 minutes away from my parents and 2-blocks from a couple of my childhood best friends :)

14: tonight i'm thankful for pumpkin spice in the scentsy, bedtime snuggles from my baby, a warm honey-dog on my feet, a hot cup of jasmine green tea and a pile of good books on my bedside table.

15: i'm thankful for the adorably excited way Kai shouts "Mama!" when i pick him up from daycare every afternoon...melts my heart every time :)

16: thankful for my grandparents. they are generous, hard-working, loving, God-fearing, FUN and adorable. i have a deep bank of wonderful memories with each of them and am lucky to have them in my life!

17: i'm thankful for prayer and for parents who taught me how to pray....who said prayers with me when they tucked me into bed at night and prayers before dinner each evening. i look forward to hearing Kai's little bedtime prayers!

18: now-a-days i'm SO thankful when i have a chance to get a workout in. there is no better de-stresser, mood-lifter or energy-booster (in my opinion!). i DEFINITELY took for granted my pre-baby days of getting to workout whenever/wherever i wanted. so it is no understatement to say that i am THANKFUL for gym-time or a pavement pounding session with Honey.

19: thankful my mommy likes to run with me. and for a nice toasty hot tub to de-thaw in post-race!

20: thankful for parents who read to their kids and take the time to talk with them about their day...

21: thankful for my students, who are often the best examples and reminders of resilience.

22: thankful for new days and new seasons. for fresh starts.
 
23: thankful that the niners are having a good year...

24: "and thank you for a house full of people i love. amen."

1 comment:

Hi, I'm BeckyJo said...

I'm thankful for an amazing best friend! I hope I am as good of a mommy as you are someday!!