Tuesday, June 28, 2011

An afternoon with Micah & Kai (and Honey & Mr. Turtle, of course)

 Kai: Mommy, look! We're picking up the living room! NOW can we go swimming??
Micah: (GASP!) Did you say SWIMMING??! Like a bath outside but with no stupid soap?
Kai: Sure did....
Kai: ok, Micah, it's kinda cold at first, but just at first...you just gotta tough it out.
Micah: Wait, isn't this turtle supposed to be filled with sand??
Micah: SAND, I said! Not balls!
I wan't this thing outta here, this turtle sandbox isn't big enough for the three of us!
 Kai: Alright buddy, the balls goin' out.
 {smack!}
 Micah: Ahhhh. Much better. So much room for activities!
Kai: Woah there, don't get ahead of yourself now.
I've slipped in here too many times to count.
Micah: Hey, what happened to the turtle's eye?
Kai (after Micah decided to take a crawling break): Time to sprawl out and stretch out my pirate feet. MA! WHERE'S MY BOTTLE?!
Micah: Pirate shmirate. I bet Kai doesn't even know how to hide under his slide....
 Kai: Well, I don't! It's scary and itchy under there. I like to stand on top of the slide. With no help. I HATE when my worry wart Mommy tries to help me, so. annoying. I'd rather fall off the back...ok, so I've done that and it kinda hurts but still, I don't like when she treats me like a baby.
All this chatter has got me all steamed up, lets get back in the pool!
Kai (behind true-to-life mischief look): I have an idea, lets bulldoze Honey!
 Kai: Micah, you want your head wet?! This is how Mommy does it in the tub..
Micah: Well, Kai, not really. But see those dry flowers over yonder?
...they look thirsty..
 Micah: Kai these are cool shoes. Ya mind if I pull this one off and give it a try?
Kai: Hey man, hands off the pirates. I need these guys for stompin bugs.
Lets shimmy ourselves outta here and play trucks!
{together ramming the turtle with anything and everything}
 and then, they napped.

~ THE END ~


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is hilarious! It sounds like a conversation you would be having with a "tree" when you were a kid. :o) Hahaha!