Wednesday, August 17, 2011

change

via

change is in the air.

can you feel it?

the nights are getting cooler and the sun slips behind the horizon a little earlier each evening.

as much as i {adore} the summer months the onset of a new season, a new start, a fresh chapter...

is refreshing.

and just as i look forward to the little pleasures that make autumn so delicious (pumpkin spice lattes, football, sweaters, THANKSGIVING) i look forward to a new season: a new way of life for me and my little family.

it's not easy diving back into work after a year-long absence. especially when those 365+ days were filled to the brim with snuggles, smiles and laughter with my favorite little red....

but as hard as it is to load Kai up and strap him in his carseat and drive to daycare after i've only seen him the evening before and he's just gotten out of bed and is still so snuggly and warm...and then have him reach for me when i set him down or hand him off...

it is that much more affirming when i see an old student and they smile and look me straight in the eyes tell me "Mrs. G, i'm really glad you came back.

today in my file-cabinet merging/cleaning/purging i came across an old file folder that i keep all of my cards, notes and favorite illustrations from students in. everytime i look through it i cry, and i knew i was already in a fragile emotional state from my Kai withdrawls, but i opened it anyway...

and with tears in my eyes and a heart overwhelmed with joy i decided to {embrace} my new season.

Kai will be just fine.
daycare will do him good.
he'll learn to play and share and rough-house.
he will love me just the same.

he will always be my heart....

and will be with me while i tend to a couple hundred more.
 

No comments: