Monday, August 8, 2011

smiles for monday.

my house is a disaster, our a/c is busted, i'm sleep deprived and forgot to shave my legs this morning....

but i'm really, really, happy.

i'm back to work and i love my job. have you ever had the feeling when your working that you are right where you are supposed to be? that you were made to do what you are doing? best. feeling. ever. i'm so blessed that i have found a career that fulfills not only my pocketbook, but my soul.

as tough as it is to be away from my smiley son during the day i'm so very pleased with his daycare and rest at complete ease when i drive away. the adjustment is honestly going better than i EVER could have imagined. THANK. YOU. GOD!

my half-marathon training problem is now solved. i had a work/training dilemma on my hands. you see, G will be working in Vancouver for another few MONTHS and is only home on the weekends. i'm aiming to run at least 3X/week for the half-marathon that i JUST RESGISTERED for in October (or should i say OKtober!) with my sis-in-laws. i'm gonna realllly try and be a bad-ass and follow that half up with the local half the following weekend. so technically i'll be running a full marathon. just in two weeks time. that counts, right?! anyway, back to the dilemma. my work hours are mon-thurs and a handful of Fridays from 7ish to 4ish (that "ish" is SO very broad, too). Kai is at daycare during that time and the LAST thing i want to do when i pick him up at 4(ish) is either take him to my mom or sisters OR have a babysitter come over so i can train. seriously, NOT OK! i've just been away from him for the bulk of the day and to leave him again feels wrong and selfish on so many levels. i have a few working mommy friends who get thier workouts done while thier HUSBANDS are in bed and their children are still asleep. THAT is ideal, really. you get it done before baby is up and they never knew you were gone. perfect....oh, wait....husband is only here on weekends. shoot. BUT, i did manage to find an AWESOME babysitter who lives oh-so-conveniently right down the street from me. what if SHE could come early a couple days a week and kind of be my fill-in husband (you know, sleep while i work out! haha)?. 5:15 is crazy early for a 17 year old girl, but i told her i'd compensate well...for an hour or so of sleeping/watching tv on my couch and listening for baby and maybe feeding him breakfast. i'm happy to report that she went for it (YAY)...now to keep on truckin' with this training...(i'll blog about that later!)

and, oh yeah...it's fair week! i'm pumped to take Kai (last year he was so tiny when we walked around w/him in the baby sling people asked me if i was carrying my puppy around in there. no joke.) to see the animals and ride a few kiddy rides and nibble on an elephant ear (haha!). G and i are also excited to have some grown up fun (what is that?!) on Saturday night at the rodeo, too.

it feels good to smile on monday.

Kai thinks so too.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm BeckyJo said...

Oh I love his smiles!!! And we'll totally be training at the same time!! Woohoo! Let's be encouragement buddies. I don't know what that means, but let's figure it out. :)

Tricia said...

I'm so glad it's going well with work and daycare! I hope ours goes just as well. :) And Kai is always welcome at our house in the evenings if you need to run or whatever! Micah would love it.