Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my COOL parents.

Check out the tumblr Dads are the Original Hipsters. You'll laugh, I promise.
 
It made me think...
hmmm...
 
MY DAD was is pretty darn hip!
 
short shorts, shaggy hair, retro nikes...
awesome tux. awesomer hair
(both guys AND girls).
 ...for that matter, my PARENTS were are hip!
 
Some supporting facts:
  • I grew up riding around in a volkswagon van. swear.
  • At a very young age i could sing along to numerous Simon&Garfunkle and Steve Miller Band songs.
  • my Mom wore tube tops. those things were awesome.
  • they had matching perms (i would only be so lucky if G and i could pull that off!)
i'd say it's safe to say that the "hipster" inside of them still lives...

it's evidenced in my Dad's classic VANS he sports with his jeans on casual friday
and...
well, my mom DID perm her hair just last summer...
(and check out my Dad's hat!)
 Love you Mom & Dad!

"Children learn to smile from their parents."
~ Shinichi Suzuki

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

They are so cute! Mikey looks so much like your dad did!! And I totally miss that VW Van!

Sweet Blessings said...

This post so made me smile :D You do have very HIP parents by the way!!! Wow Mikey really does look like your Dad...Do your Mom & Dad know you are making them celebrities :D??? Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! Sweet blessinsg!