Wednesday, May 20, 2015

found.

BELIEF TAKES COURAGE. 

Overcome unbelief! 
(Jen Hatmaker)

We MUST chase after Jesus in order to grow.

He has more for us than we can even imagine and he WANTS to meet us there, in that place of communion and closeness, day in and day out so we can hear from him and be molded into who He has created us to be.

13-14 When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.
“Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.
[Jeremiah 29:13]
The Message (MSG)

...

"He is good through the good times and He is good through the hard times." 
(Jen Hatmaker)

But it's in those "hard times" that we get lost. We get bitter and angry and selfish and question the goodness of God.

We've all been there. Some of us have stayed lost longer than others. Some of us may still be choosing to live the "lost" life.

What must God feel when one of His sheep wander off and choose to stay away?

I can't really imagine how His heart breaks but if you have ever momentarily lost sight of your small child in a busy store or at a large event you know the utter relief and joy that floods your soul when you find them.

I once lost Kai at a Christmas tree festival event in a not-huge but not-small and very packed conference center. Sunny and I frantically searched everywhere and I think I almost had cardiac arrest due to the stress of it all. I found him on the floor huddled in close laughing and playing with some of his daycare friends he had spotted while we were making ornaments--well, while Sunny and I were making ornaments, apparently. Anyway, when I found him I scooped him up and wanted to yell at him for running off but I couldn't because I was so relieved and overwhelmed with joy that I'd found my little boy. I shed tears, friends. It was the first time I had ever "lost" a child and It was scary.


...

Sometimes we might not feel lost. We might think we are doing just fine being separated from our Mom or Dad--or from Jesus. But then, when we get scooped up in those loving, strong arms and pulled into a tight embrace and we feel warm and valued and missed and just adored.

We feel found.

"Found" is how it feels to overcome unbelief and return to Him.

"Found" is how it feels to run into His grace, even when life feels like it's falling apart.

What IF, we lived like we believed we are found--

like we are loved, adored, forgiven, and saved?

Love,


No comments: