Tuesday, May 26, 2015

response.

Bianca Olthoff: Joshua 6 "Walk it out"

I very much enjoyed listening to Bianca speak. She's hilarious and she's beautiful and she's passionate. Here are the notes that I had written down from her message:


There is one particular line that I find myself coming back to--and it's one that I would like to revisit and reflect upon today:


Don't lose your vision--
results are God's responsibility, but response is ours.

I don't know about you, but I keep on coming back to this:


"...response is ours."

Response is our responsibility.

How can, how am I responding to Jesus--to the gospel--to His truths and promises?

It is easy to sit and pray and read and receive....

but to respond, that takes faith.

...

So often, I get so caught up in the "big picture." I want the fruits before the labor. I want the race day without the training. I "think" I know what I need. What I'm supposed to be doing. What would be best. Where I am supposed to put my time and efforts. But that is all over my head. 

God knows where I'm going, not me. 

He asks only that I live my life--day-by-day and moment-by-moment in response to His great love and sovereignty and perfect guiding light that will only illuminate my path 
if I let Him lead.

That's faith. 

Faith is the pen gliding across the rock, unearthing our response.


Written words are brought to life not by the writing itself, but in action.

With sacrifice.

With devotion.

With tears.

With forgiveness.

With grace.

With response. 


As I run my fingers along the smooth surface of this rock that I brought back in my backpack from the Oregon Coast late last summer,

I close my eyes and hear the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore and re-live the moment that, months later, I prayerfully penned these words.

I whisper them as I roll that smooth stone over and over and over in my hand and feel them echo from somewhere deep and sacred;

like a ripple from a sandaled foot, 
swung out over a boat and onto the churning sea.


May we "be" love,




No comments: