Thursday, May 28, 2015

IF: Gathering Series Conclusion {Chris Caine}

How could I possibly pick a few key points to highlight from Chris Caine's IF: Gathering message?

Yeah right! I couldn't get my pen moving fast enough to keep up with the fire of God that was pouring out of her soul into the most convicting and beautiful and inspiring words.

The crux of her message was really about just stepping out and DOING. It was about serving and taking action and not just waiting around for God but living like there isn't a moment to waste because He is waiting for us!

I pray that as you read over the notes I have included below from her segment that they would ignite (or reignite if you have heard her message!) a fire deep within to GO. To take that step. To be a servant and love in a way that knows no bounds. To be brave enough to follow Him into the beautiful but dangerous unknown.

...

We are here to do the works that God prepared us to do before we were even here.


We are at the edge of our promised land and we will remain there unless we begin to "DO." 
We can sing, pray, talk, etc. but unless we "DO" there is no promised land.

Let go of the past and step into what will be. 
Don't hang on to "what was." 
If the horse is dead, dismount! 

We are all unhealthily attached to the past. 
Focus on the good and leave the rest at the foot of the cross.


For lasting and meaningful purpose, SERVE.

Talent does not prepare you for the battle...service does.

The devil will send a spirit of fear into EVERY transition of our lives.
Don't wait for God--He is waiting for you!

SET. YOUR. FOOT.


Begin to move. 
Joshua would NOT have taken the land 
if he didn't have faith to set foot onto the land!

Be willing to work. 
The call of God is inconvenient.

Make a decision to get into the word and 
stay in the word and 
roll up your sleeves and serve.


Communion with God HAS to be INTENTIONAL.

The glory of God is a man or woman FULLY ALIVE!


Quit talking about doing something and just DO.

Ask God "what is mine to do?" and 
open your eyes to 
who/how/when
I can serve.


Be deeply kind. Be courageous. Be brave.


He will give you the grace you need for right now. 

...

To my dear sisters in Hermiston who are "re"gathering together tonight I am praying for your time together. I wish I could be there to fellowship and pray and worship with you! 

It has been so good for me to embark on this short little series review of the "IF Gathering."

I have been able to dig deeper and really re-live the event. 

I have been humbled and convicted and encouraged and inspired. 

Thank you for reading and reviewing along with me--and thank you, Heather, for encouraging me to blog again.

It feels good to be here. 




No comments: