Thursday, April 7, 2011

A few of Kai's favorite things (at 8 months old!)

 Cords. Yes, power cords. Any will do, really. But I especially like ones that are PLUGGED IN (like Mommy's laptop charger) AND one's that are plugged in and that I can pull down on top of me. Yep, like this picture. Yesterday while Mommy was getting ready for work I was messing around on the bathroom floor and while she was leaning over the sink really close to the mirror putting that black goo on her eyelashes I couldn't resist pulling that black chord that was dangling at her side. I wish I wouldn't have done that, though. It toppled right onto my head and it was HOT. I had welts on my forehead! Oops.

But I still like chords....
 Then there's Mom's ANY phone! I LOVE phones. And remotes. And laptops. Anything with buttons that is electronic and makes noise or captures anyone's attention! I don't hardly EVER get to play with my Mommy's phone, but sometimes when we are in line at the store or in a quiet place like the library or church and I start to get kinda cranky I get to play with it...OR when I see it on the floor or the couch and I can reach it I play with it as long as I can until someone notices why I'm so quiet.
 Lately, I've also been LOVING LOVING LOVING kitchen toys!!!
I never knew it, but am slowly discovering that there are hidden places in the kitchen that open and slide out (and pinch my fingers!) that are FULL of fun new toys!!!
 I play on the rug for hours minutes just clanking spoons in pots and banging and making noise.
 I don't know what I make, but I do know it tastes delicious!
 I'm getting kinda squirly in my high chair these days. Especially now that I'm a big boy and know how to crawl. After I take a few bites I just get bored and I want to get down! But Mommy makes me stay there. She likes to give me toys but she FINALLY figured out that it's kitchen toys I want, not my stupid baby toys! We ARE in the kitchen after all....
 Here's me flipping my broccoli off of my tray!
 Honey is my best friend. Well Honey AND Micah. Honey's my best furry friend and Micah's my best baby friend. They both make me smile and play with me...AND give me kisses!
 Honey licks and licks and licks and always wants to be on my blanket and sometimes on me!
She's always watching to make sure I'm safe
and that Mommy doesn't find any food or milk that I may have spilled.
But right now my most favoritest thing of all is being OUTSIDE! I crawl to the door and bang, bang, bang for Mommy to let me out. I LOVE the grass and how it feels on my toes (not my hands though!) and I love all of the bugs and leaves and trees and branches and especially the DIRT...oh, AND Honey's water bowl, that could keep me busy all day long...

And those are my favorites, at least until tomorrow...

No comments: