Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Could it be?? Post-baby body p-p-progress?!!

Good News, my dear bloggies!

I {finally!}NEED NEW JEANS (And NO, not a bigger size).

This week, I fit into an old pair of 6's (YES!)

and

Suddenly my two pairs of go-to pre-preg jeans are falling off of my hips (past the point of belt-help).

This got me thinking...

What could have spurred this sudden "tightening"? What have I been doing differently?

Here's what I came up with:

1. Chasing a crawling baby around a still not baby-proofed house. exhausting.

2. Honestly, LESS cardio. I know that I was overdoing it over those first few months, which was actually working AGAINST me. This is a mistake that many over-zealous gym-going females make. Now I'm doing an average of 20-30 minutes 4-5 times a week. I feel better, AND have results.

3. I don't know if this stuff works, but i've been drinking it...the chai flavor is yummy (hot AND iced!)

4. Eating (mostly healthy!) five times a day, without fail, and NEVER skipping out on breakfast.


5. YOGA (3-5 times a week) and WALKING. Yes, I said walking. I used to think that walking was just for old ladies or people who were too wussy to run...but honestly, it's my go-to form of cardio right now and just may be the change i needed to start seeing results. I still run, but because of my hip injury i'm down to two 4-6 milers a week, which honestly, is working out just fine. I love that as the days get nicer I get to get my cardio in WITH Kai and Honey AND get my daily dose of vitamin D. As far as the yoga goes, I've always done it, but not really challenged myself like I have of late. I think putting together classes for the gym has really stretched me in my own practice and I am so grateful for that. I swear that it spikes weight loss!

...........................................

I've still got some post-baby softness to clean up (I don't measure my progress on my scale-weight, I go by how my clothes fit AND my measurements...TONING=size drop, not neccesarily weight drop!) but for now, I'm going to celebrate my progress with a new wardrobe item...

Time to go shoppin'!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm BeckyJo said...

I think you've been so beautiful before, during, and after baby Kai, but I also know how amazing it is to feel toned, healthy, and sexy! So congrats my dear!!! Have a fun shopping trip! :) :)

Tiffany said...

Woo Hoo!! You've always looked fabulous to me! :o) But i'm glad that YOU are feeling better about your progress!