Friday, April 8, 2011

morning messes and a new take on old oats...

Motherhood is slowly morphing me into a (gasp!)
morning person.
not really by choice, but i'm trying to make making the best of it....
(by "making the best of it I mean trying to embrace the early mornings after nights of VERY LITTLE sleep...like last night, and the night before...)
Apples for Mommy & {teething} baby
a drawer full of kitchen linens keeps baby busy while Mommy fixes breakfast
(the drawer is now empty and he's moved on to his next mess)
I literally eat oatmeal every single {week} day morning. I use Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
so I have to switch up the "fixins" every so often.

This week my oatmeal toppins are:

(on 1/2 c. of microwaved oats)

1/2 a sliced banana
1/2 tsp. of almond butter
a couple shakes of cinnamon
a handful of raisins

complete with apple slices, a slice of Ezekiel toast and a cup of hot, STRONG coffee...
{delicious}

No comments: