Tuesday, April 26, 2011

two-cent tuesday: 5 tidbits.

1.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE house plants! My house would be a mini-rainforest if I didn't have a 9 month old who loves to eat potting soil and leaves. I have a handful of houseplants now, but want MORE. I need shelves...and hooks that hang from the ceiling! Here's HOW houseplants purify the air in your home, and HERE are the "Top 10 Houseplants for Cleaner Air."

source
2.
Even as I'm trying to feed Kai home-made, natural foods, I'm still accumulating several baby food jars. I've been brainstorming creative uses for these little guys and found lots of fun ideas here!

3.
I'm such a teacher in my gift-giving. My go-to gift for children's birthday's is ALWAYS books. And puzzles. Boring compared to all of the flashy electronic gadgets others shower them with? At the moment, probably. But you know what? A book or good puzzle will OUTLAST those loud and annoying toys anyday, AND make your child smarter while they play! One of the BEST things parents can do for their children is something that is so inexpensive and easy it is often overlooked: READING!! Here's why you should start reading to your kiddos when they are BABIES!

4.
 CUTE, Comfy shoes!

5.
 Stuck in a rut? Feeling depressed? Sorry for yourself? Not sure you have a purpose here on earth?

(inspiring stories of kindness!)

No comments: