Wednesday, March 9, 2011

big worries buried by small blessings...


It's the little things.

The tiniest, ever-so-small objects. notions. sparkles. creatures. people...

that, if noticed....if taken in and appreciated...offer us such {great} joy.

I was mindlessly picking up around the house and as I hung up one of my stray bags I spotted the tiniest little GAP hat, hung right there on the weighed down coat rack, and felt my heart warm and a teary smile stretch across my face.

Too often I feel like that coat rack. Tired, at capacity, and burdened by a heavy load.

And then it happens.

Like a divine wake-up call, I'm drawn out of my selfish pity and greed by some small notion that pulls me back to proper perspective....it could be a smile. a hug. a phone call. a letter. a text. a song. a verse. witnessing a tender moment, or sefless act. gaining inspiration from the humble service of another. a random act of kindness....

or a small little hat...
waiting to be worn by my sweet little messy blessing, who has made our family feel so complete.

and just like that, my heavy load is lightened.

{thankful}

No comments: