Monday, March 21, 2011

FIRST guest post!

And then came Kai...
a poem by Honey the Golden Pyrenees
things have changed, they're not the same
ever since the little one came

it used to be me, the girl and the boy
until the stork dropped off their bundle of joy


they named him Kai, that boy, so small
i thought for sure he was just a doll

i sniffed and watched, but stayed away
that doll named Kai didn't want to play


he just slept, and cried, and looked about
while i sniffed and snuffed and snorted my snout

it took me some time, but i soon enough found
that firey-haired boy was sticking around

so i slid a bit closer, and sniffed and then licked
and to my surprise, he smiled, laughed and kicked

with each day i snuck closer to where he lay
"Honey, nice" they would say, and would say, and would say


i am nice, yes i am, so gentle and kind
but when i'm by that babe, i have a one track mind

i have to, i have to, i have to just taste
that sweet baby boy's soft smiley face


he giggles and wriggles and on my head pounds
but i do it again, because i love his sounds

so that boy and i, yes siree we're now friends
cause you see it's his moods, my walks most days depend

so i lick and i sit and i play and i roll
in hopes that soon we'll be out for a stroll


me on my leash and kai over wheels
or on the girl's back, whatever she feels


the sidewalk is crowded, we no longer run
but a walk is a walk--it's outside in the sun

it's different this life, than it was before
we all used to sleep, sometimes even snore


but now nights are broken into bits of sleep
as off to Kai's room girl must quietly creep

late at night there are cries that nobody hears
but nothing gets by me, not these watchdog ears

i hear that boys cries, even the softest of sounds
and with my wet nose wake Mommy to quiet him down

oh, and wait did i mention the wonderful treats
that Kai drops, even wears for me when he eats?

i wasn't so sure of how life would be
when our family was four and no longer three


but it's good, it's great and most days even grand
with the feel of my fur under Kai's tiny hand.






1 comment:

Hi, I'm BeckyJo said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture is especially precious. I'm excited for Day-Z to be a big sister someday. :)