Saturday, March 12, 2011

just a little update...

I haven't blogged in a couple of days...it's not that I haven't wanted to, I just honestly have NOT had the time. or energy. or enough caffeine to stay awake. (all of the above).

This has been kind of a big week for us.

I started not one, but TWO part-time jobs...so that makes THREE part-time jobs total (that equal around 25 hours give-or-take):

1) Yoga instructor at Club24
2) GED Examiner at Blue Mountain Community College (Hermiston)
3) Site teacher for Champions extended learning (K-5 afterschool program)

I forgot how overwhelming it is to start a new job. The overload of new information is exhausting and well, it's just been awhile since i've worked (outside of the home and gym).

But it feels good to get out and {help} others again. It's really made me realize how much I MISS working with kids (and teenagers, I guess...haha). I just feel like i'm in my element when i'm working with students, whether it be on homework, playing a game, doing an activity or just talking about life. It feels good.

AND {happy dance!} GARY got called for work (finally!). It's not a big job, but it's WORK and it's been long overdue (3 months). He's in Seattle this weekend for a Union meeting so I'm flying solo with baby, just like the old days (it's weird!).

All in all, that explains my little vacation from the blogosphere. I've been trying to balance house chores and baby all the while up to my ears in training manuals, paperwork and seemingly hundreds of "introductory" emails.


I came home last night to a VERY messy house, which I was far too tired to clean (or care). I had some prep to do for my Saturday yoga class so I put Kai to bed, did my work and then crashed. But after two wake-ups from Kai and an early alarm, it felt like I didn't even get a full hour of sleep!!

But yoga, POWER yoga has a fabulous way of energizing me and really waking me up. My Mom came over to watch Kai while I went to teach (and wake myself up!) and when I came home my house was clean. Dishes done, floors swept and vaccumed, laundry started. {I LOVE MY MOM!}

So here I am now: work out done, house clean, baby sleeping, breakfast made, coffee in hand (and it's only 10am!!).

Today I'll catch up on laundry, get some reading done (work-related AND for pleasure!) and maybe if i'm really feelin' in, I'll finish our taxes ( we ALWAYS procrastinate our taxes. bad habit, I know...). Tonight, we'll attend Jude's birthday party (she's 2! what the heck?!) at "Nana's" house but for right now, I'm going to get caught up on my blog writing {and} reading....

and spending my Saturday peacefully abiding in the arms of a God who SO faithfully provides.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay! Man I was only gone for 4 days and I've missed so much! Can't wait to catch up!

Sweet Blessings said...

What sweet blessings are surrounding you! Yay for the jobs for both of you..and for a GREAT Mom who knows just the right ways to say "I Love you" :) Sweet blessings!