Monday, February 14, 2011

32{love}: The End!

There is a quiet
wind voice inside of me.
It's the same voice
inside of you.
Delicate and persevering,
it led us towards each other.
Across desert sand,
traffic noise, solitary sky.
I found your little house
by the sea. And I
never wanted to leave.
The Persistence of Yellow, No 189, by Monique Duval


I LOVE YOU,
Not only for what you are,
But for what I am
When I am with you.

I LOVE YOU,
Not only for what
You have made of yourself,
But for what
You are making of me.

I LOVE YOU
For the part of me
That you bring out;

I LOVE YOU
For putting your hand
Into my...heart
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can't help
Dimly seeing there,
And for drawing out
Into the light
All of the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked
Quite far enough to find.

~Roy Croft

i've been calling G my Valentine for six years now.

only three of those actual Valentine's Days have we gotten to spend together (because of his work schedule)...

and today was one of them.

we didn't do anything fancy or elaborate, that's never been our style.

G got up with Kai and let me sleep in (a wonderful gift in itself), there was a card with a thoughtful hand-written message waiting for me on the coffee table when i woke up, we had steak for dinner and wine and chocolate for dessert.

pretty sure later on we will be swapping neck/foot rubs as well (YES!).

but to be honest, i'm not real crazy about the whole Valentine's day "hype."
(like heart-shaped foods and baked goods, rose petals and candles....)

but i do like LOVE chocolate, so one thing i always appreciate is the small box of assorted chocolates.

i remember growing up my Dad would give me and my sisters a heart shaped box of chocolate each Valentine's Day...even when we were old enough to start dating and were getting Valentine's and chocolate from a boy(s), my Dad's chocolates were always the best.

my married preference is dark chocolate with a nice big glass of red wine
(i try to celebrate Valentine's day at least one a week around here....)

Kai got a few Valentine's in the mail this year, which was so fun....and cute!


 I've enjoyed taking the last several weeks leading up to today to write and reflect about
{LOVE}.

It's taught me that even on the most ordinary and routine of days,
love is in the air...

breathe deeply.

No comments: