Saturday, February 5, 2011

A MUST try...

My dear college roomie Rachael would often bring a large dish of banana puddin' back to our apartment after visiting home for the weekend. I'd never had this banana/cookie/whipped cream/cream cheese deliciousness before and WOW....had I been missing out.

How did I go a whole 22 years before indulging in one of the world's most perfect combos?

If you, like me about five years ago have yet to try this....

whip it up!!!

It's really easy, and there are a ton of variations out there...but I believe it to be best with Chessman cookies, although it's not bad with Nilla Wafers, either (it just looks cooler with the Chessman!).


This recipe, titled Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding (Paula Deen) is one that I use.

I actually like it best after it's been in the fridge awhile. The cookies absorb the flavor and take on a cake-like texture that is crazy addicting.

I only make this when I'm going somewhere that I can take it with me to share, or else Gary and I will honest-to-God polish it off in a day. It's really that good. And it's loaded with bananas so it can't be too bad for ya, right?! (HA!)

So please, please, before you go on that new diet or before you head out to a potluck or over to your inlaws' just make the banana pudding...

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

YAY! I Love any recipe that calls for pudding...thanks for sharing it...I now have a new dessert to take to potlucks! Sweet blessings!