Monday, February 7, 2011

LO*25*VE my {blue}collar boy...

What is it about blue-collar, hard-workin' men that is
SO dang HOT?!


Let me tell ya:
  • Gary is most irresistable to me when he comes home in his dirty Carharts with a grease stained shirt, messy hair underneath a dirty backwards hat, and dirt under his fingernails.
  • I don't know why, but the thought of holding an uncallused hand makes me kinda queasy...(I lift weights and definitely have calluses (well I DO!) and am not a fan of having the "manlier" hands in the relationship...)
  • You also never have to worry about those blue collar men dressing better than you...or spending more time on their hair than you....or having whiter teeth or smoother legs...(I've actually dated a couple guys that outdid me in these areas...SO. NOT. HOT).
  • Blue collar dudes don't have to have a hair-cut every couple of weeks. They let it grow. And it flips up over the side of their hard-hat and is SO. CUTE.
  • I also think that blue collar boys are more apt to have chiseled bods, as they are most likely burning calories all day on the job...they are also more likely to be gym goers, too...
  • Blue collar men don't bring thier work home with them (and most of them CAN'T!)
  • Blue collar guys never frown upon the post-work beer six-pack or glass bottle of wine, in fact, they gladly join you.
  • I'd much rather ride in a dirty diesel truck than in the compact cold-leather Mercedes.
  • Boots are way sexier than men's dress shoes. Not even close.
Maybe it's just me.

Maybe you beg to differ. That's fine. To each her own.

I've been on both sides of the "collar," and simply prefer the blue.

Nothin' against the white...there's just somethin' about that hard workin' man...

So here's to all you ladies who love your blue-collar boy!

Brooks and Dunn say it best here (an oldie but GOODIE!):

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

You are right there is just something about a hard-working man and a dirty diesel truck :) Sweet blessings!