Monday, January 17, 2011

All {4} Love: Celebrating the small stuff.



FAMILIAR ACTS
ARE BEAUTIUL
THROUGH LOVE.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Too often I take for granted the {little things} that Gary does for me on a daily basis.

Just sitting down to write this post I am overwhelmed at all of the small stuff that my husband does that I really just kind of expect that goes by without much appreciation.

Like how he...

holds my hand in church, rubs my (perpetually sore) neck without being asked, gets up with Kai at the crack of dawn to let me sleep in, holds me in a hug extra long and super tight, tells me I'm beautiful when I need to hear it most, is supportive and has encouraged and validated my decision to put my counseling career on hold to stay at home with Kai, sends me little random texts when we're apart to let me know he's thinking about me, brings me a surprise beverage when he's out-and-about, lets ME pick a dvd to watch, kisses me unexpectedly, offers to change a REALLY poopy diaper, insists that I go take nap (I must look reallllly tired), offers to cook dinner, gives me his coat when I'm (always) cold, tells me he's proud of me, covers me up at night after HE'S hogged the covers, offers to take Kai so I can have some "girl" time, and my {favorite}, tells me I love you out of the blue.

Spend a few minutes and think about the small stuff that your significant other does for you. Not only does it overwhelm you with love, it really inspires you to focus in on the little things...as the giver and the receiver.

Gary sent me this picture during a long hitch he was working down in the Gulf.
Made. my. day.

 "The great doing of little things makes the great life."
Eugenia Price


2 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

IT really is ALL the little things that mean the most..so smiling that you are taking time to see those Sweet blessings!

Janice said...

Awww...Whitney, this is sooooo precious. I can honesty relate to the little things, and the little things that make you smile that goofy grin, but nobody else knows why your grinning.

Janice