Thursday, January 27, 2011

{love}13: chick flicks. rom-com. sometimes, it's just necessary.

Today was a long, busy day. 

The kind of day you want to end on the couch wrapped in your favorite worn blanket with a good movie on. 

To me, good movies are movies you've seen a million times but are just as good--or better with each view. There are a handful of movies out there that fit this bill, in my humble opinion. Most of them are love comedies. I know, cliché and typical...but I'm just being honest. There are exceptions (I also like movies based on true events, like Social Network = AWESOME), but at the end of {most} days...or weeks, I want love and laughter. Not karate, blood, guns, gangs, superheros, war and all the other crap that my husband likes to annoyingly blare from our surround sound. I want chick flicks that vary on depth....sometimes i'm in the mood for a deep, "thinking" flick like Pride & Prejudice and other times I want something brainless and fun like Confessions of a Shopoholic.

So, nights like tonight get me all nostalgic about my favorite movies...just thinking about them makes me want to clear my weekend and live off an endless bowl of butter-drenched popcorn and bottomless bottle of cab.

If only...

But to stay true to {all things love}, I have extracted my top 5 {love quotes} from a few of my favorites.

Some of them you may not grasp unless you've seen the movie. And if you have, chances are it will only make you want to watch it...



You're a romantic.
You have a {lyrical} soul.
You can love under the best and worst conditions.
Fever Pitch


I love that you get cold when it is 71 degrees out.
I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich.
I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts.
I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes.
And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night.
And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve.
I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
When Harry Met Sally


"What do ya wanna be married to me for, anyhow?"

"So I can kiss you anytime I want..."

Sweet Home Alabama


You know, that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy. And the only thing in focus is you and that person. And you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this gift. And you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that it will go away all at the same time. 
Never Been Kissed

[This one is just FUN...LOVE this movie!]

Andie: Unattached?
Ben: Currently.
Andie: Likewise.
Ben: Surprising.
Andie: Psycho?
Ben: Rarely, Interested?
Andie: Perhaps.
Ben: Hungry?
Andie: Starving.
Ben: Leaving?
Andie: Now?

I couldn't leave this one out, either...

Andie: Our love fern! You let it die!
Ben: No, honey, it's just sleeping.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

There are SO many more...but these are definitely a few of my faves.

Hopefully this served as a reminder of what a healthy dose of chick-flick can do for a

bad day,
rotton mood,
no-good week or
lazy night...

best served, of course, with cookies, ice-cream, chinese take-out and wine....

No comments: