Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things to {LOVE} on a rainy Thursday:


1. PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE.
Tonight, we are celebrating my sister Kelley's birthday (a few days early) because she is here in town. It's tacos and margaritas at Mom's house! Woo hoo! Mom texted me this morning and asked me to make a birthday dessert, so I then texted Kelley and asked what flavors she was craving...her response: Always chocolate and always peanut butter.
Here ya go, sister-love...
This healthy delicious creation was a cinch to make. Devil's food cake mix (store bought, I'm no betty crocker), peanut butter frosting (creamy PB, butter, powdered sugar, cream(!), vanilla and a pinch of salt), and a bag of Mini-Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Heaven help us. I'm thinking thin slices and a big glass of milk! (and double treadmill time tomorrow!!!!!)

2. Ok, this one is random...but those of you that know me well can attest that I truly do LOVE these {5} wardrobe staples:

I wear this outfit everyday. I swear. Not the exact garments (well, the shoes, they stay!), but slight variations. My 5 "must-have" wardrobe items: 1) My trusty old black "Chucks," 2) Distressed Jeans (the ones in the pic are American Eagle, but I have a handful of similar pairs that vary on the level of "distress"), My black/brown woven belt w/brass ring and oversized v-neck tee both from my favorite online splurge, and lastly a nice comfy boyfriend cardigan--in a non-obnoxious color like navy, grey, black or brown. Thats it! I'm happy, and comfortable (and I feel, never "in" {or} "out" of style--which is just how I like it...{ambiguous})

3. My BED!

In my humble opinion, there are only a small few things in life that one should truly splurge on. One, is most definitely the material that you sleep on. We big time splurged on our bed. But {when} I DO sleep, I sleep like a baby on our Temperpedic "Cloud," covered in 380 thread count sheets and a fluffy Canadian goose down comforter. I told ya, I don't sleep much....but it sure ain't because I'm not comfortable!!

4. Books by my favorite fiction author at the moment. If you haven't read her, I highly reccomend you give her a try! I'm not a huge reader of fiction....but I get sucked right in!

5. Always and forever, my sweet little family. Like they say, 

We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all... 

(watching the snow fall outside...)

Happy Thursday, friends....

Now I'm going to go enjoy a nice {strong} margarita and some peanut butter and chocolate...

1 comment:

Katie & Michael said...

That cake looked divine! Mmm-mmm PB and Chocolate are always on my mind...yum.