Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kai Quincy at {6!} months: A photo-blog...

6 months and still {full} of smiles...
Eating lots of veggies now!
Kai's stomach is a bottomless pit when it comes to eating solids. He will just eat and eat and eat....there hasn't been a thing he "hasn't" liked. So far he's had squash, peas, beans, carrots, potato, avocado, prunes, banana, and a little bit of rice cereal. His favorites (from what I can tell) are squash and avocado. He's also drinking water from a sippy cup! I'm pretty sure we have quite the eater on our hands
(already taking after Mommy!)
Sitting up un-assisted! What a big boy...
This is what he does when he gets excited. Hand right into the mouth :)
Gary loves to let him just play in his diaper.
I'll leave to go to the gym and come back to find Kai in his diaper and, of course his beanie.
Like Father, like son.
His lip and nose have healed better than we could have ever imagined.
The scar gets smaller by the day. We rub scar cream on it several times a day and will continue to do so throughout the coming year. I recently watched some home DVDs of him from when he was just a few weeks old....I can't believe how different he looks now!
 He loves to play in his saucer, toddle around in his walker, play with toys on the floor (on bottom and tummy) and, of course, hang out in the MOBY wrap or in the backpack while Mommy works around the house. He also LOVES getting out for walks in the stroller. I really try to do this once a day (for me, Kai AND Honey!).
Toying with the idea of crawling...he is pushing himself up on his hands and even pulling himself up on his knees. He's scooting all over the place, too...army crawl style. I know he'll just take off any day now but I'm not ready for it, yet!!! My house isn't ready for it yet, either....
 Ok, I hope this picture is not received offensively by anyone...but Gary and I get the biggest kick out of Kai's "poop face!" haha! His eybrows get all furrowed and he purses his lips into the funniest little smirk. I just had to document it. It looks better than it smells....
Snuggles with Papa G.
Not sleeping through the night yet, either...but he IS sleeping in his crib in his OWN room. He has a few good nights of sleep a week, but often has trouble getting himself back to sleep after 1:00AM....so unfortunately the "sleeping through the night" thing is a work in progress...
 Kai had a play date with his buddy Caden the other day!
Boys being boys...

I LOVE being Mommy to a BOY!!!!

The last six months have been full of smiles, laughter, tears, snuggles and lots of prayers.

Gary and I have fallen in love with Kai AND with our new roles of "Mommy" and "Daddy."

We have adjusted, learned from each other and have really settled into family mode.

Jobs have changed, finances have changed, schedules have changed, sleep has changed...

EVERYTHING changed, at the arrival of our Kai.

And we've never been happier....

No comments: