Friday, January 7, 2011

A Friday Night Ode to Another Day of {Parenthood!}

 I enjoyed a late breakfast of Shredded Wheat, blueberries and banana while Kai was playing in his exersaucer.

 He kept staring up at me with his big blue eyes and I swear he was asking if he could try a bit of the banana I was munching on that smelled so sweet....

So I gave him a little nibble and, well...

Kai LOOOOOOVVVVEEESSSS banana!


 He had a GRIP on my hand and wouldn't let go if his life depended on it! I gave him a few bites mashed up on my finger for him to suck off, and then let him gnaw on the last little chunk, which he especially enjoyed because (I'm assuming) it felt good on his teething gums!

I'm happy we can enjoy breakfast together. Today was the first of many....

Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.
Anonymous

Honey has gotten quite attached to Mr. Kai. 

We were staying at our sister's house over Christmas break, and there were several people over and it was quite noisy. We put Kai to bed in the back bedroom, and per the usual, we had failed to bring our baby monitor (BAD parents!).

Honey, who is typically a social butterfly in a house full of people would not leave the foot of the bed as long as our baby was soundly sleeping in it.

She did, however, wander out after about an hour or so...
.
She found Gary and just stood there, in front of where he sat on the couch, and stared at him.

Gary immediately knew what she was silently saying and went right to the bedroom and consoled Kai back to sleep. 

I can't wait to see Honey and Kai grow into {friends}...

Gary and I both had dogs growing up and I can't imagine life having quite as much joy and happy memories without them.


Almost 20 lbs. and STILL mobbin' in the MOBY wrap!
This loooooong piece of fabric is priceless! Today I got my house cleaned (sans the bathrooms which I did yesterday with OUT baby on board to inhale all of the cleaning chemical...) with Kai wrapped tight and snug to my chest.

He LOVES hangin' out in the MOBY!

Naptime (for everyone but Mommy, of course!)
Gary is {such} a good Daddy.
There was really never a doubt in my mind that he would be.
I remember in our first couple months of dating and watching him play and {love} on his little nephews...
and I fell in love with him as I witnessed his {gift} with children.

He let me {sleep in!} this morning.
He didn't creep into bed until after midnight, but
{insisted}
at 6:00 this morning
that I stay
in our warm, cozy bed and
sleep.

He is a {real} Dad.
He changes the {dirtiest} of diapers, carries the red backpack and takes off his shirt and Kai's jammies so they can snuggle {skin on skin}.

Me and Kai, we are {lucky}.

Never fear spoiling children by making them too happy. Happiness is the atmosphere in which all good affections grow.
Thomas Bray 
I can't help it if I need a little chocolate with my wine to propel me through dinner dishes...
 Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare.
Ed Asner

Baby boy, you have brought us {so} much joy.

You have made our love stronger...

our days shorter...

 our nights longer...

 and our future 
{brighter}.



2 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Oh, I Love your posts...and I can't help but smile at the life you are living and the ways God is writing your story! And, in case you didn't know it...you DO have the cutest little boy and dog I've ever seen! Sweet blessings!

Whitney said...

Tammy, Thank you! Your comments always warm my heart...you are so very sweet! Wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend!