Sunday, January 2, 2011

Things I'm {Thankful} for on a Sunday night (my holiday break in retrospect):

10. Thankful for classes at my gym, Club24. They save me from the monotony of daily weights and cardio, and have manged to keep my weight not down, not up, but MAINTAINED over the holiday (I splurged).

9.   Thankful for my favorite appetizer of all-time. Artichoke Dip (I told you I splurged)! My sis-in-law (Sarah!) gave me her AWESOME and EASY recipe (2 cans or jars of Artichoke hearts, 2 packages of cream cheese, one bag of parmesean cheese...throw in the oven and bake @ 350 until desired texture/consistency). You could add green chiles for some spice, but she didn't and it was to-die-for. I like it best w/bread, but it's good with tortilla chips and crackers as well.

8. Thankful for Things! (SO fun!)

7. Thankful for Hot Toddys. I've never tried this festive cocktail before, and it's quite refreshing (this recipe calls for Brandy and Honey, but we used Honey Whiskey and it was delish.

6. Thankful for two sets of grandparents, and two sets of great-grandparents who spoil the heck out of us and our son. I don't have to buy Kai clothes until he's 2.



5. Thankful for old-fashioned Christmas cards with written messages in them. I didn't get many, but treasure the few that I did recieve, and plan on hand-writing personal messages in my Christmas cards next year. I know, it's much more tedious, time-consuming and taxing but after receiving them, I really do think it's worth the extra effort!

6. Thankful for Bigelow's Eggnog and Gingersnappish teas...gotta love a hot cup of that festive Christmas flavor.

5. Thankful that we live close to both sides of the family, and that we got to spend good quality time all around.

4. Thankful for a husband who wraps my gift, and likes to surprise me. It's so cute. I totally knew what I was getting (a new running watch!) but loved how he kept it a "secret" and melted a little bit on the inside when I saw the look on his face when I was unwrapping it.



3. Thankful for my new Subaru Impreza that handles bomb-diggity in snow and ice. Gary winces at it's compact style, but I LOVE it. It zips me all around town and keeps me and Kai safe and sound (...I didn't even mean for that to ryhme!)

2. Thankful for my dear friend, who is celebrating her 27th year of life today. We go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, Kindergarten, in fact. We could write a book of our memories (it would be hilarious). Tiff, you are one of the very best friends a girl could ask for, and I have been SO blessed by your friendship. I'm grateful that you live down the street to loan me chocolate chips, go on walks (or "venting sessions") and even sneak delicious sticky buns inside my house. I Love you and wish you many blessings in the coming year!!!


1. Thankful that my husband has gotten to be home. Not just for Christmas eve and Christmas, but for the WHOLE entire month of December---and New Year's, too!! I don't think that has happened since we've been married, and I've loved every second of it...with Kai in my arms, and Gary by my side, things really couldn't feel more complete.



Welp, another memorable Christmas and New Year's are in the books and I gotta admit that I'm a bit ready to get back into our daily routine. The holiday break filled with parties, family functions, appetizers, cocktails and SUGAR is much-needed and so much fun, but i've learned that with a baby on board, it wears on you! I'm exhausted...and honestly, going to bed....right now.



Goodnight, friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitney; This is such an awesome blog. It is one that baby kai will get to read when he is older. Keep it up so we can all enjoy your days and watch Kai grow.

Sweet Blessings said...

That was a GREAT Thankful list :) Praying it grows & grows & grows every day this year! Sweet blessings!