Saturday, January 29, 2011

SAUSAGE BALLS.

Yep, I said it. Sausage Balls.



A delicious party of spicy sausage, cheese and biscuit in your mouth. The perfect combo. Serious!

I was introduced to these little balls of goodness by a Southern grown Seattleite.

I'm not good at memorization, but after tasting these babies this was one recipe I couldn't forget.

So if you are in need of a quick snack for Super Bowl, this may come in handy. Please don't judge by the picture. They taste WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then they look. Promise.

They are a cinch to whip up:

1 lb. Hot Sausage
1 lb. Mild Sausage (if you reaaaaalllly like it Hot, use 2 "Hot" pounds)
12 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
12 oz. Mild Cheddar Cheese (I, personally like to use a Cheddar-Jack mix!)
4 cups of BISQUICK

1. Mix (more like knead) it all together in a BIG ol' bowl.
2. Roll into balls.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Best served warm, but we eat em' cold, too.

Gary likes his topped with Tapatio or Cholula sauce...I've had friends soak em' in maple syrup or even over-easy runny egg yolk.

I like em' just as they are...(enjoy!)

No comments: