Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Night Randomness.

I've taken the last couple of days off from the gym. I've felt a sinus infection brewing for awhile now and it's just come to a head over the last couple of days leaving me stuffy, sleepy and extremely unmotivated.

But today I needed to get off of the couch--the gym just sounded "blah." But I was in dire need to MOVE.

My Grandpa and Grandma Roberts are in town for the week staying at my parents house--so I decided to bundle baby boy up (eskimo style) and walk to my parents house for the evening.

It was cold, and like the negligent mother that I am, I took the long way for maximum calorie burning.

Kai was awake the whole time--he usually falls asleep on walks but I'm sure he was on the verge of freezing which wasn't the most conducive environment for a nap. Okay, maybe not freezing, he had his down onesie over his U of O sweatsuit AND knit beanie all underneath a thick fleece blanket. I stopped a few times to make sure he didn't have icicles hanging out of his nose, and just saw his big baby blues and red cheeks and a red nose.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE walks with Kai and Honey. And today's walk reminded me that it is something that, even though it's {very} cold out--I need to make time for more often. In the late spring, summer and early fall when it's comfortable we go on a walks EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sometimes two.

There is just something SO refreshing about getting out in the fresh air and just enjoying nature. It's WAY better then getting my cardio in at the dank, stinky gym.

You may think I enjoy walking outside because it's easier than, say, the elliptical or the stair stepper but it's really not...I walk right on the cusp of breaking into a jog and go hard the WHOLE time, and sometimes walk for 90 minutes. I sweat, and pant even and make struggling noises when I go uphill (Kai is getting heavy!!)

Moral of the story: cardio can be fun. In fact, it SHOULD be fun--if it's something you consistantly dread it's likely to not be something you prioritize.


I Love my little brother.

We have a different breed of sibling relationship and have always been super close. I'm glad I got a little brother--we've made lots and lots of memories and have been responsible for some extremely ludicris behavior...what.ranger.are.you? (in an awkward robot voice on the trampoline).

He messaged me this picture of him one day on his package carrier job for UPS when he was home over Christmas break.

It's classic Mikey.


Here's Kai gettin' ready to watch the U of O game...honestly, I'm not crazy about the Ducks...or the Beavers. I like the Huskies (UW) and really just can't wait until he fits into his purple and gold Husky threads!

(Obviously, as I'm typing this AS the game is taking place....it's close and I'm typing as I {kinda} watch).


Kai shared a few laughs with Great Grandpa Roberts tonight. I'm so thankful that my Grandparents get to enjoy my son, I have been so blessed by their involvement in my life, and now they are able to be a part of Kai's.

{Precious} 


Well, I told you it was a random.

I like random.

It's honest....and an everyday kind of
{beautiful}. 

No comments: