Monday, January 31, 2011

love{18}: my rapscallionly fellow vagabond...

You are my inspiration and my folly. You are my light across the sea, my million nameless joys, and my day's wage. You are my divinity, my madness, my selfishness, my transfiguration and purification. You are my rapscallionly fellow vagabond, my tempter and star. I want you.
  ~George Bernard Shaw


 I absolutely LOVE the last line of this beautiful piece of love inspired prose.

You are my rapscallionly fellow vagabond, my tempter and star. I want you.

If I had to pick a line to define the {us} that is Gary and I, that would be it.

Let's dissect it (So sue me, I was an English major):

rap·scal·lion (noun)

Definition:
1. naughty child: a mischievous and annoying child

fel·low (noun)

Definition:
1. companion: a companion or colleague
2. one of pair: either of a pair of objects
3.equal: somebody or something of the same rank or quality

vag·a·bond  (noun)

Definition:
1. homeless wanderer: a wanderer who has no permanent place to live



My Gary.
 My untamed adventure, my wreckless smile.
My rapscallionly fellow vagabond
of this beautifully tangled life.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That line is TOTALLY you! I read this last night and said to Jacob "what the heck does rapscallionly (said all slow) mean?! :o)